Iron Gates Museum Design
The Iron Gates Museum is organized as a museumpark, a set of and archaeological objectives. The project consists of equipping and designing the museum’s interior hosting the permanent exhibitions of History, Archeology, Ethnography, Natural Sciences and the complementary spaces, in optimal conditions and according to the current standards. The concept is based on five key ideas:
1. The Danube as a Unifier. We propose the transition from a local perspective to a regional and crossborder perspective
2. The Danube as a Reading Thread, giving coherence to the museum’s experience.
3. The Multi-sensory Perception creates an inclusive and unique experience where seeing, hearing, touching, smelling and temperature act as experience enhancers.
4. The Museum organised as a Center for Culture and Leisure
5. The hyperlink Museum. The museum becomes the starting point for thematic touristic routes in the region.
Client: Mehedinţi County Council
Data, location: 2014/2017, Drobeta-Turnu Severin, RO
Size / Investment: 6917 mp / €1.770.000
Collaborators: Iulia Săftoiu, Iris Popescu, Codruț Neguț,
Florin Cobuz, Alexandru Tudose, Tudor Arsintescu
Status: Fesability study ended